Friday, August 26, 2005

Butterflies and Cinnamon Rolls

Last fall, when my then-fiancé (now husband) and I were strolling through Target, searching for items to scan with the barcode zapper for our gift registry, we found some cute butterfly shower curtain rings. I said, "Oh, they're so cute!" and then looked to Hubby for his opinion. I thought he would think they were too girly, but to my surprise, he smiled and said, "Zap 'em." So I did, and some kind soul gave them to us for a wedding gift.

Those shower curtain rings recently inspired me to make butterflies the theme of our bathroom décor. So I searched the internet for some classy butterfly cross-stitch patterns, and found a whole set of realistic butterfly designs. I stitched up the Shining Blue Nymph, the Purple Azure, and the Ceylon Rose, framed them in 4-inch embroidery hoops, and got my hubby to help me hang them. Now I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a butterfly clock to help tie everything together.

Also, I recently made some apple cinnamon rolls. To make, prepare your favorite cinnamon roll recipe and after you spread the brown sugar-cinnamon mixture over the dough, sprinkle with 1 cup peeled, finely diced apples, roll up, slice, and bake as directed. So delicious! My husband likes them spread with cream cheese.

No comments: