Thursday, April 06, 2006

We're Both RH Negative!

As I posted a couple of weeks ago, I am RH-. Today we got the results back from Hubby's blood test, and he is RH-, too! This means all our children will be RH-, and there won't be any risk of my developing antibodies against this baby's or any future babies' blood. Thank you, Lord! When Hubby called me at work to tell me the news, I was so excited and relieved that I said something like, "Yay! Now we can have 18 children!" (because we won't have to be concerned about RH incompatibility). Well, for the time being, I think we'll just start with this one. :-) We're not planning to have an ultrasound, but my midwives said my measurements seem to indicate a single baby, rather than twins.

Hubby got to feel the baby kicking for the first time last night. It was very precious to know that he was feeling his child growing inside of me.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Awww reading your post brings back such precious memories of when we were pregnant with our first child.
We got pregnant less than a month after we married, my husband is 7 year older than I am and wanted to start a family right away, I had no objections I was thrilled to carry his baby :-).
Late at night we'd lay in bed on our sides, facing each other, and my hubby would have both hands on my tummy. The little guy always seemed most active at night and we'd giggle and smile at every kick, that was such a very precious time :-).
Make sure you don't let a moment go by unless you have enjoyed it to the fullest, it really goes by too fast!