Monday, March 09, 2009

Things Have Been Quiet

Things have been quiet on this blog lately, I guess because I've been feeling introspective and just not very chatty. I've been thinking a lot lately about habits and trying to break some of my bad ones. I've been doing a lot of reading and research about nutrition and exercise and I've made some positive changes (and lost ten pounds in the past month...but I still have a long way to go until I will really feel fit). I've been trying to eat more mindfully and be in tune with the way my body feels after eating certain foods. I've also been educating myself about conventional food production and why it really does make sense to spend extra on organic produce and hormone- and antibiotic-free meats when possible. The Meatrix is a good introduction to the unsanitary and inhumane practices of conventional meat production.

1 comment:

lani said...

hi melissa!
i'm also really researching produce, organics, and things like that - planning on having a vegetable garden this year! thanks for the resource on meat - i'll be checking it out.
lani