Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Baby Update--31 Weeks

I had an appointment with my midwife tonight. The baby and I are doing very well. I am measuring 31 centimeters, which is right on for this week. My midwife estimates that the baby will be around 9 pounds at birth. Baby is head-down at the moment, which is great--hopefully he or she will stay that way! I think I know when the baby turned, too--I was laying in bed around midnight a couple weeks ago, trying to fall asleep in spite of the very active baby wiggling around in my belly, when I suddenly felt a hard WHUMP!--it felt just like the baby had done a fast somersault, and it almost took my breath away! It's so interesting to have a little person growing inside of me who is dependent upon me and yet moving around independently!

I got to check out a "sibling backpack" to explore with D.L.F. and Cupcake. It contains lots of books for children about birth and new babies, a couple of movies, and cute Waldorf-style mama and baby dolls with snaps so the baby can latch on to the mama and "nurse."

1 comment:

Treasures from a shoebox said...

It never gets old, does it; that awesome wonder of a new life growing inside of your womb. I feel so privileged to be able to take part in the miracle of pregnancy and childbirth. Glad all is going well for you!