Monday, September 18, 2006

Thank You

A big thank you to everyone for all the encouraging words and pieces of advice. I'm sorry I won't have time to respond individually to each comment, but please know that I have read and appreciated them all.

Having a newborn is actually way harder than I thought it would be. Not just the lack of sleep and the adjustment to breastfeeding and otherwise taking care of a newborn, but also discovering that "free time" and privacy are, for the most part, things of the past. This is difficult for me, as an introvert, because I really enjoy having a lot of time to myself to read, journal, engage in my hobbies, etc. God is using motherhood to teach me how to be more giving and less selfish.

I do plan to return to regular blogging eventually, but I'm not sure when that will be. For the time being, I will probably be posting rather infrequently, but please check back every once in a while! :-)

1 comment:

My name is Michelle. said...

I remember how much change came with the first baby. You've been in my thoughts.