Tuesday, January 01, 2008

The Holidays Are Over

As much as I enjoy the holidays, I am glad now that things are settling down. We visited my parents, grandma, and brother on Christmas Eve and ended up staying one more night than we intended because we actually had a white Christmas (pretty rare in these parts) and didn't want to drive back late at night on icy roads. We visited some of Hubby's family yesterday (New Year's Eve day).

The Christmas decorations are all put away, and our living room furniture is back to its old arrangement (it's so much more spacious without a big Christmas tree in there!).

I cleaned the house today and got together with a friend this afternoon at a cafe. We had a good chat, and plan to do it again sometime soon.

Hubby and I are trying to make some big decisions about plans for the future. I have a lot of dreams, but I need to hear from the Lord to know if I should go ahead with pursuing them, or if I need to lay them down. Either way, I want my heart to be completely surrendered to Him. I want to humbly accept whatever He has for me, knowing that He loves me deeply and knows what is best for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean... The holidays are great, but boy am I beat!!! :-P

I will be taking a long weekend this week, starting tomorrow. :-D