Thursday, January 24, 2008

Just a Little Sniffle-y

I have a bit of a sore throat and the sniffles today, so I am taking it easy. I did manage to keep the house tidy and the dishes caught up, so that is a plus. One-year-old was very sweet and well-behaved today, and it wasn't actually very hard to stay on top of things, so I think the Lord was gracious to me in my time of weakness by giving me strength and by helping me have a cheerful attitude.

I also made a 1/2 batch of yummy chocolate chip oatmeal cookies (I know, what business do I have consuming sugar when I'm sick? But I was in a baking mood...when am I not? And, I got rid of most of the cookies--Hubby took some to his accountability group tonight). Then I made quiche for dinner, with hamburger, cheese, mushrooms, broccoli, and green bell pepper, and a big green salad. I always try to eat extra vegetables when I am sick.

We do not have a laundry room, just a laundry closet in the living room, and one of the folding doors keeps coming all the way off. A professional repairman came and fixed it today, so hopefully that will be the end of our closet woes. It is nice now not to have to stare at the dryer whenever I sit down on the couch. :-)

I have been re-reading Created to Be His Helpmeet, by Debi Pearl, and receiving so much motivation and encouragement from it. I think every wife should have it on her bookshelf and flip through its pages once in a while.

No comments: