Saturday, February 16, 2008

Valentine's Day Banquet

Tonight was our church's 2nd annual Valentine's Day Banquet. This is not your typical "couples"/romantic banquet...it is only for the ladies of the church, and it is put on by the men. We all sat at a beautifully-decorated long table (that was one of Hubby's tasks, along with childcare). There was live music. Mostly we ladies just talked, but we also played a game and ate lots of chocolate! We had our choice of steak or fettuccine alfredo, salad or mixed grilled vegetables, broccoli or pear soup, and apple or chocolate cream pie. I had steak, and it was magnificent, probably the best steak I've ever had. Mmmmm....

The dress was semi-formal. I wore this dress from Motherhood Maternity with a black cardigan.

It was a very special time. I appreciate the way my brothers in Christ take this opportunity each year to serve and bless the ladies of the church.

No comments: