Sunday, November 16, 2008

I Don't Walk 60 MPH

T got a free Global Positioning System (GPS) for signing up for a Discover card (which he canceled as soon as the GPS arrived). I think that deal may still be on...Google it if you're interested. Anyway, sometimes I take it along with me when I walk so I can see how far and how fast I've walked. You set it to pedestrian mode when you're walking. Well, we forgot to switch it back to driving mode, and when we got on the freeway on the way back from Wal-Mart yesterday, the GPS got so confused! It knew that no pedestrian should be barreling along at 60 miles per hour on the freeway. So it kept saying, "Recalculating! Recalculating! Recalculating! Recalculating!" until T shut it off.

Then D.L.F. piped up from the backseat, "RECALCULATING!" (giggle, giggle). "RECALCULATING!" (squeal). He cracked himself up, and us, too.

No comments: