Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Pregnancy Update

I had my 32-week appointment with my midwives yesterday. Baby is doing great. He or she is in a breech position right now, but that’s not a big concern at this point. Midwife L. tried to manually rotate Baby, but Baby would not turn easily, so L. just left him or her alone for now. She said if Baby is still breech at my next appointment (34 weeks), she will give me some ideas about getting him or her to turn.

Baby’s heart rate has consistently been around 122-130 beats per minute, which according to the old wives’ tale, could indicate that Baby is a boy (boys’ fetal heart rates often fall between 120 and 140, and girls’ between 140 and 160; however, this is not always the case).

While we would love to have a sweet little girl this time around, it would also be great for Dear Little Fellow to have a brother so close in age to himself. I don’t really know what would be best, but God does, and He’s the one knitting this little one together in my womb. Plus, we hope to have more children in the future, so in all likelihood, we will end up with a mix of boys and girls anyway. We have had both a boy’s name and a girl’s name picked out almost from the time we found out I was pregnant, so we are prepared either way. :-)

Physically, this pregnancy is a lot more uncomfortable for me than my first pregnancy. My back hurts pretty much all the time, and my legs and an area on my belly are also often sore. I just keep telling myself there are only about eight weeks left! Maybe fewer, which would be nice. Who knows, though? I guess the baby will come when he or she is good and ready.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All four of my babies sat a bit sideways, or oblique, until I was just about due.