Saturday, March 29, 2008

Creativity at Home

It's kind of nice to know the gender of our soon-to-be-born little one (assuming the ultrasound technician was correct!). Now we always call her by name (when we're by ourselves--we are keeping her name secret until she's born). Today I had some time to start working on a picture for her room. It's been a while since I did anything crafty, and I enjoyed it.

I used some scrapbooking cardstock to make a mat to fit an 8x10 frame. It took a lot of calculating just to cut out one rectangle and two ovals! This is what I ended up with:

 


If you can't tell from the picture, the mat is light pink and the oval frames are light yellow. In the rectangle, I will cross-stitch the letters of Baby Girl's name using a lettering set from 2001 Cross Stitch Designs. Here's a picture out of the book of a couple letters from the set. Sorry it is kind of blurry.

 


In the left oval, I will put a picture of Baby Girl. In the right oval, I will cross-stitch a picture of two pastel butterflies (from the same book) near the top, and under that, I will record her birthday, weight, and length.

For dinner tonight, I made hot pockets. I made one recipe of this pizza dough, divided it into eight pieces, and rolled each into a circle (approximately 8-9 inches in diameter). Then I plopped on some shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheeses, ground beef cooked with onions and garlic, and some of this pizza sauce. I folded each circle in half, pinched the edges together, and topped each with a little more sauce and a couple slices of mozzarella. I baked the hot pockets at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Yum!

No comments: