Friday, March 21, 2008

What We Found Out

We had another ultrasound today which showed that Baby is head-down (not breech any more), and the placenta is not covering the cervix. It is currently 1.5 centimeters away, which is very close, but it could potentially "move" away a bit more as the uterus continues to grow. If the placenta reaches 2 or more centimeters away from the cervix, I may be able to try a natural birth rather than a C-section, but it would have to be at the hospital, not at the birth center, because there is still a risk of hemorrhage.

While I have been instructed to take things easy and not exert myself, I am not on complete bedrest any more.

Oh, and one more thing--we found out today that we are having a GIRL! We are so excited!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad for you, about the previa resolving, and the baby being a girl. :-)

You still have a while, so I think your placenta will likely move more than another half centimeter. ;-)

Ryan and Stephanie said...

Yay, a girl! You are going to have so much fun with pink and bows!
I'll continue to pray that things go well so you can have a natural birth.
Blessings!